- West Asia Regional Director at Youth4Nature.
- Climate Change & Youth Advocacy Consultant at UNICEF
- Regional Youth Focal Point for the MENA in support of the Food Systems Summit 2021.
- Core member on the youth pledge campaign Act4Food Act4Change in support of #GoodFoodForAll.
- Youth council member at Real Food Systems.
Rayan has been supporting the global climate and food systems youth movement for over 2 years. He has been doing this by advocating for policy reforms with policy-makers and stakeholders at relevant events and by building the capacity of other youth to take action. Rayan’s current mission is to reduce the barriers to young people preventing them from making a meaningful impact.
By creating knowledge-sharing opportunities, capacity-building pieces of training, and leading youth-led organizations, he has been able to empower other young people to make meaningful change.
Rayan has experience with media and press, podcast hosting, summit speeches, high-level UN events, publishing scientific literature, and reviewing journal articles. He has spoken to audiences from different backgrounds with groups ranging up to 5000 people.
Rayan is fluent in Arabic and English with beginner levels in French and German.