2022Webinar Food Insecurity in the Arab Region at the Junction of Covid-19 and the Ukraine War: What social protections do we need?
The discussion will be held in both Arabic and English, with simultaneous interpretation to both languages available on Zoom only.
You can register to attend by following this link. You will receive a Zoom confirmation email should your registration be successful. Alternatively, you can watch the event live here on our Facebook page.
This webinar will try to answer these questions:
- What was the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on food security in the Arab region? What were the State and non-State responses to this impact, and how effective were they?
- How will the Ukraine war lead to food insecurity in the region? Why is this so?
- Which social groups were the most affected by food insecurity amid the pandemic and which ones will be the most affected by accentuated food insecurity due to the overlapping Ukraine war?
- What are the social protection programs and policies that should be adopted in immediate response to this double crisis, and what are those that we should aspire for in the long-run to ensure resilience in the face of other shocks/crises in the future?
- What does the region need to achieve food sovereignty in order to become less susceptible to such food shocks?