The MENA region is the most water-scarce in the world, facing the brunt of water insecurity in the face of conflict, climate change, and resource extraction. Despite these factors, water governance continues to favor economic interests over equity and adaptive practices. What are the barriers to equitable water governance in the Arab region, and what policies are needed to ensure both the restoration of water resources and rightful access to them?
- Hussam Hawwa, Director, Difaf
- Maha Yassin, Researcher, Planetary Security Initiative, Clingendael Institute
- Musaed Aklan, PhD Candidate, IHE Delft Institute for Water Education
- Nada Arafat, Reporter and Journalist, Mada Masr
- Yasser Souilmi, Natural resource management engineer and project manager, Houloul
Moderated by Jamil Mouawad, ARI Senior Research Fellow (Beirut)