Position: Intern (Communications and Research)
Location: Paris (Intern must have the right to conduct an internship in France)
The Arab Reform Initiative (ARI) is a policy research centre whose key mission is to articulate a home-grown agenda for democratic change and social justice in Arab countries. It operates on the principles of impartiality, gender equality, and diversity. It conducts policy analysis and research, while providing a platform for inspirational voices and empowering young scholars and socially engaged youth. ARI engages academic research centres, think tanks, social movements, decision-makers, media and the public on issues of political and economic transformation. ARI combines scholarly work and advocacy and produces practical intellectual tools to influence existing political transformation. It promotes sustained exchanges and dialogues on reform across the region and with outside partners.
ARI is currently looking for an intern starting in February 2020 (for at least four months and ideally six). The intern will work primarily with the Head of Communications on a variety of tasks related to our social media strategy and publications. The intern will also assist the rest of the ARI team on different projects and activities. The internship will combine a variety of skills, including project development, communications, administrative and logistical management, and research. The intern will also receive training on new skills, including logical frameworks and proposal writing, and will be deeply integrated into the core actions of our team.
- Contribute to the preparation of ARI publications, including the placement of new material and presentation on the website, the preparation and promotion of newsletters to various ARI audiences, and the maintenance and updating of the contacts database.
- Assist in developing and implementing the social media strategy: prepare engaging social content based on ARI outputs, plan the social media calendar and content posted on all channels, monitor social media performance indicators and metrics, monitor the performance of our social media campaigns, stay up to date with current trends in the region, and build relationships with key regional and country influencers.
- Work with the Executive Director and Deputy Director on various fundraising and development tasks, including the development of new project proposals and the identification of new foundations and partnerships that correspond with ARI’s priorities and programming.
- Contribute to research (possible areas of research to include the new Arab diasporas, the trajectories of youth in conflict contexts, governance of natural resources and local climate change initiatives, among others).
- Work directly on the organization of ARI’s events, including conferences and workshops.
- Native Arabic is a must. Candidates must also be able to speak/read/write English. Knowledge of French a plus.
- Self-motivated and autonomous in the workplace. ARI seeks interns who are able to both create their own work and build their niche within the team.
- The internship should fall within the framework of a Master’s degree in a relevant subject: communications, political science or another social science.
- The internship will be located at ARI’s office in Paris. The intern must have the right to conduct an internship in France.
The internship is paid the minimum under French law.
TO APPLY: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Internship”.
Closing date: 31 January 2020