2022Webinar The Gendered Impact of Covid-19 Responses in the Arab Region: A Dire Need for Effective Social Protection
Thursday 03 March at January at 1pm Tunis | 2pm Beirut/Amman/Cairo.
The discussion will be held in English and Arabic, with interpretation available on Zoom only.
This webinar will seek to answer the following questions:
- What are/were the State and non-State responses to the pandemic, targeting women and the LGBTQ+ community?
- What is the differential impact of the State and non-State responses to Covid-19 on women and the LGBTQ+ community?
- How do women and LGBTQ+ people intersect with other forms of vulnerability? Who among them are the most marginalized and the most left behind?
- What are the flaws and deficiencies in the social protection policies/programs and the existing legal frameworks that are leading to the differential impact in question and to increased vulnerabilities among these social groups? How did Arab social contracts lead to these flaws and deficiencies?
- What are the immediate/short-term reforms needed? What are the social protection systems we aspire for, and the long-term solutions that ensure their sustainability beyond the pandemic and their resilience in the face of any other shocks/crises in the future?