Position: Social Media and Community Manager
Duration: 12 months renewable upon evaluation
Location: Beirut, Tunis, other locations will be considered for exceptional candidates
About Arab Reform Inititiave
The Arab Reform Initiative (ARI) is a policy research centre whose key mission is to articulate a home-grown agenda for democratic change and social justice in Arab countries. We operate on the principles of impartiality, gender equality, and diversity and maintain a strict line of independence from any external agendas. We conduct policy analysis and innovative field research, combine scholarly work and advocacy, and produce practical intellectual tools to strengthen practices of active citizenship and influence political transformation processes. We also empower research from the MENA region by providing an international platform for dissemination. ARI engages academic researchers, think tanks, social movements, civil society actors, decision-makers, media, and the public on issues of democratization, social justice and full citizenship. ARI works in partnership with regional and international institutions to promote sustained South-South and South-to-North exchanges and dialogues related to reform initiatives across the region.
We are looking for someone to ensure that ARI’s projects and outputs receive the outreach, visibility and engagement level they deserve, especially within the right/relevant communities. The person shares responsibility for content posted on ARI’s social media pages and website, as well as on relevant platforms for projects (including websites for particular projects).
This is a dynamic role for someone with strong organizational and interpersonal skills who can multitask. We are looking for someone who is proactive, engaged, and interested in contributing to the mission of the organization to promote social justice and democratic change in the Arab world.
Social Media Strategy and Dissemination
- Develop an engaging online strategy to support ARI’s overall communication strategy
- Implement ARI’s communications strategy across different social media platforms.
- Help promote publications and events produced by ARI on various platforms. This content should reach the right/relevant target audience and not just the largest audience possible through paid promotions features.
- Participate in ARI’s editorial meetings and assisting in the production and dissemination of work by closely coordinating with team.
- Work closely with ARI’s institutional partners to promote independent activist voices from the region as well as key research outputs
Adapting Content to Social Media and Multimedia Production
- Work with the ARI team and graphic designer to ensure that research findings are communicated in an informative and compelling way across different platforms
- Prepare and post short engaging content (quote cards, short clips, sound bites) from ARI’s myriad outputs (publications, podcasts, webinars, conferences)
Community Management, Audience Engagement and Performance Tracking:
- Make sure ARI’s community is engaged with the content on our platforms, crafting responses to the audience’s comments and feedback, and conveying the community feedback.
- Assist in developing communications tools (including possibly a monthly newsletter, mass mailouts, blog posts) to keep community informed and engaged
- Map out and track audience research regularly
- Analyze and report on performance on different channels
- Set targets for growth and monitor progress/challenges
- Assist in improving ARI’s website (ease of use and searchability, as well as webpages for ARI programs and projects)
- Post content on the website
- Passionate about the MENA region and about political and economic change
- at least two years of experience in community management, media and communications, in addition to proven experience in social media management and in collaborating with media outlets.
- Experience in working on issues related to political activism, social justice, and economic reforms a plus.
- Familiarity and experience working in MENA
- Creative: Track record in developing creative, engaging and original content for social media
- Self starter: Person must seek initiative, propose ideas, and not just wait to implement decisions
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both Arabic and English a must. French language skills an added bonus
- Team Player: The person must be committed to being a team player.
- Education: bachelor’s or associate degree in marketing, public relations, communications or a related field. A background in media and journalism is also desirable.
- Have knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and web metrics, and especially WordPress
Contract and offer
The Social Media and Community Manager will be hired for a 12-month consultancy. Pay scale will depend on level of experience.
TO APPLY: Please send your CV, cover letter, and two sample Tweets to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Social Media and Community Manager.”
Deadline for application: 24 Jan 2022
Due to the large volume of candidates applying for positions within ARI, we will only be able to respond to applicants who have been shortlisted.