Position: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Project Director
Hours: Full time
Reference: SAWT - PC
The Arab Reform Initiative is a leading independent regional think tank that promotes an agenda for democratic change and social justice through policy analysis and research, while providing a platform for inspirational voices.
Scope of Work
In collaboration with country partners in Libya, Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Palestine, and Lebanon, and with support from the European Commission, ARI is developing a project to prepare empower a homegrown Women, Peace and Security (WPS) agenda in the MENA region, focusing on countries that are currently experiencing conflict. ARI will provide training and advocacy opportunities to local activists as well as conduct research on regional WPS initiatives and their sustainability and efficacy. More information about the project is available in the Annex.
ARI is hiring a full-time Project Coordinator to assist the Project Director on this project. Based in ARI’s Beirut office, the Project Coordinator will work with the Project Director to ensure project implementation and smooth liaison with all the project stakeholders.
The Project Coordinator reports to the Project Director and the ARI Executive Director.
- Work closely and build positive relationships with project partners, including carrying out internal communications activities within the consortium and setting up bilateral and consortium-level meetings
- Monitor and contribute to the achievement of project activities and milestones as per the Action Plan and pacing chart. This can include logistics support, advocacy support, and other activity implementation support provided to project partners and the ARI team on an as-needed basis.
- Build partnerships with and ensure outreach to other relevant stakeholders as identified in conjunction with the Project Director and ARI staff.
- Carry out day-to-day administrative requirements and other daily aspects of project coordination.
- Carry out M&E process with regards to quantitative and qualitative indicators as per the LogFrame.
Donor Management and Reporting
- Assist the Project Director in the preparation of narrative reporting as per EC donor requirements.
- Coordinate the submission and review of partner narrative reports:
- Ensure the proper completion of narrative reporting templates by partners and ensure timely delivery of partner reporting.
- Oversee partners’ M&E process with regards to quantitative and qualitative indicators as per the LogFrame
- Oversee creation of new website for project, update it.
- Help in social media accounts and the development of other visual and audio media for dissemination of project results and building new networks.
- Help organize events (webinars, conferences) including reaching out to relevant stakeholders, arranging simultaneous translation, tracking invites and participation, etc.
- Work with the ARI Communications team to engage in social media, prepare communications materials, and identify relevant channels for dissemination.
Maintain Regional Fellowship Program
- Develop and maintain relations with all Regional Fellows and establish mechanisms for cohort maintenance. This includes maintaining an updated database and regular communications with Fellows.
Research Coordination on Women Political Participation
- Curate a list of formal women’s organizations and informal grassroots feminist movements across the MENA region.
- Assist project research staff in research tasks, including: literature reviews, identification of experts, assistance in writing of policy papers, and other potentials tasks as needed.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Management, Development or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in multi-stakeholder projects.
- Prior working experience with international donor funded organization. Prior experience coordinating EC funded projects is highly desirable.
- Well-developed skills with computer applications including Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- High level of organization and rigor with detail, and ability to manage many different moving parts at the same time.
- Able to work with limited supervision, be flexible and comfortable in a multi-cultural work force.
- Good communication skills: ability to build good working relationship with project team and partners at a range of levels and in different locations.
- English and Arabic (essential), French (desirable)
- Type of contract: Consultancy contract for maximum 36 months
- Start date: Expected by early to mid May 2021.
To apply, please send your CV (max. two pages) and a cover letter describing your qualifications and motivations for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference SAWT-PC in the email subject.
The closing date is: 19 April 2021
Candidates must have the right to work in Lebanon.
In order to minimise administrative costs, ARI will only contact short-listed candidates.
ARI strives to be an equal opportunities employer. ARI is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.