The Arab Reform Initiative is governed by a Plenary of its members and an Executive Committee.
- sets ARI’s vision
- oversees that the direction of work is in line with ARI’s goals
- advises on possible programmatic lines of work
- recruits new member institutions and individuals
The Plenary meets once a year. Bringing together policy research centres from across the Arab world, the Plenary operates as a network and it fosters, encourages and enhances collaborative efforts between members.
The Executive Committee
- sets ARI’s strategy in accordance with its vision
- ensures that ARI has the effective organisational planning to achieve its goals
- oversees the Executive Director
- approves the budget and provides financial oversight
- determines, monitors, assesses and strengthens organisational programmes and services
- ensures legal and ethical integrity and maintains accountability
The Executive Committee meets twice a year. Executive Committee members serve for a period of four years renewable and it is a non-remunerated role.
Arab world Institutes
- Al Ahram Center for Political and Strategic Studies, Egypt.
- Arab Forum for Alternatives, Egypt.
- Partners in Development, Egypt.
- The Arab Reform Forum at the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Egypt.
- The Egyptian Center for Public Opinion Research - Baseera, Egypt
- The Center for Strategic Studies, Jordan.
- The Lebanese Center for Policy Studies, Lebanon.
- Center D’Etudes et de Recherches en Sciences Sociales (CERSS), Morocco.
- The Palestinian Center for Political and Survey Research, Palestine.
- King Faisal Center for Research and Islamic Studies, Saudi Arabia.
- The Center for Sudanese Studies, Sudan.
- EtanaCenter, Syria.
- The Syrian League for Citizenship, Syria.
- L'Observatoire Tunisien de la Transition Démocratique, Tunisia.
- The Gulf Research Center, Dubai, UAE.
- The Yemeni Observatory for Human Rights, Yemen.
European and American Institutes
- Casa Árabe, Spain.
- Center for European Reform, UK.
- Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP), Greece.
- The European Institute for Security Studies, France.
- Universidad Nacional de Tres de Febrero, Argentina.
- US Middle East Project, U.S.A
- Salah Eddin al Jourshi, President, Al Jahedh Forum, Tunisia
- Yezid Sayigh, Senior Associate, Carnegie Middle East Center, Lebanon
- Jafar Alshayeb, Muntada al-Thulatha’ al-Thaqafi, Saudi Arabia
Executive Committee Members
- Atallah Kuttab, Chairman
- Nasser Djabi, Vice-Chairman
- Maria Chatti, Treasurer
- Hoda Elsadda, General Secretary